View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2008, 08:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake1 View Post
I have read this thread and i totally understand where everyone is coming from about not getting dogs that are not from puppy mills and to get ones from the shelter or rescue.. I tried to get one from the rescue in my local town, but was denied because one of my 3 cats is not fixed. she is a female who i have had for 8yrs with no problems, she has never had a litter, never and I mean never goes outside, she is actually scared outside. I know i should of got her fixed when she was younger, but i never got around to it. so now because I am not able to get one from a rescue, which I would love to do, I will have to either see if my family and friends knows anyone that has puppies or go through the paper. SO I am wondering am I bad person because I am doing this. And before you ask, no I am not getting my cat fixed. I don't feel that I should have to. and yes if i did get a dog I would get it fixed as they are outside and I woudn't want to have any puppies.
I can't believe that you've put your cat through 8 years of heat cycles? Do you like watching her suffer? Because I'm sure you have to realize it isn't a pleasant experience for her to go through. What bothers me is your "I don't feel that I should have to" attitude.

Do the research. Your cat will be happier and healthier when she is spayed. Any animal regardless of being indoor or outdoor should be S/N.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/