Thread: Dog at Mile 26
View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Here is what I got off the website tonight...

Lydia wrote:
We came out otday with a scrawny but friendly male yellow lab today. We didn't catch him until 8:30PM. Me and the volunteers from Kapuskasing and the SPCA crew had a crazy day going through the bush searching for what we thought was one dog left and chasing off numerous bears who were stealing form our traps and slowing down the progress. For now we have confirmed seeing 6 other dogs out there. Thank you for all of your help today guys we needed this crew to get through this day.

Pam wrote:
The OSPCA went up with a team today. They have also offered to help transport dogs...I will know more later what else they are able to help with...

Mike wrote:
The rescue of dogs from Mile 26 of the Island Falls Subdivision continues. Tonight (June 25th), NOAWS Volunteer and Maintenance of Way Staffer Phil takes a moment to pose with tonight's rescued Lab after delivering her and some free food from the OSPCA to a special Kennel located south of Cochrane.

I don't know how I feel about the OSPCA showing up now that almost all the dogs are either dead or caught!

I'm trying to feel happy that they finally showed up but as so pissed that all those dogs had to die and die a horrible death because it took them so long to show up! You can see on some of the dogs they have wounds from fighting off the other dogs or bears that were trying to kill them!

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)