View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Owner of a Small Zoo

The issues started well before Gypsy arrived- in May, she joined the family in early August. Regardless, he LOVES her. I have never seen two dogs get along quite so well. She's annoying the heck out of him now that she's getting a bit older, and he keeps looking at me like, "Save me? I don't want to tell her off, she won't like me if I do!" But they lie down and play bitey face together, they eat nicely together, they share toys, they sleep cuddled up together.

Yesterday, I got some canned pumpkin (I keep hearing it's good for poop problems, and figured it was safer than trying Metamucil) He got about a teaspoon in his food last night, and this morning. There was a poop last night outside after they were both put out for about 20 minutes, without me standing out there. This morning, there was another poop outside, same circumstance. I put them out for a potty break before we went to my boyfriend's mother's for supper. We were gone for about 3 hours. In that time period, Jasper pooped in his crate. It was a lot darker than his poo normally is, so I think that was the pumpkin really kicking in.

Should I maybe cut the pumpkin down a bit more, or divide it between his breakfast and supper instead of just at breakfast? Last night I only gave it to him to give him a jumpstart on his bowels.

Last edited by AmberP; October 2nd, 2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Adding pictures