Thread: Opinions needed
View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by free View Post
golden girls i know they all say use rice but one of my sisters dog who does have problems at times cannot eat rice and the only carbs that are ok are baked potatoe or plain pasta.
Vets do recommend using rice but like anything it might not help some but has in the past

I'm happy to hear Bree is out of crisis. Brandi too had blood in her stools at the beginning not now either

Thanks for your opinion, I would of kept her on the rice but it hasn't helped. Her 1st vet visit was May 28 - not as long as Bree but still a month I'm very worried too. I'll give it a few days of home cooking (approx 80% is protein) & giving little portions instead of 2 meals it's back to picker'up'able but not firm enough to add kibble just yet. That'll be the next step if she could get there. Vet suggested to soak the kibble in hot water for ten minutes gradually adding more Maybe that would help Bree digest better?

I've reduced dramatically her outings to short walks only - ya the heat is unbearable esp when your sick, thank dawg for A/C

I hope we both can find out what's up with our girls