View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Our pup, Cano is a dog who needs alot of attention too, but only when he is inside, does he want all that he can get! I have been giving him set times, when it is just jis time with me, or just his tim with my husband, and also a set time where it is "Family Time" with him, my husband and me. He also has certain times where it is personal time, and he is getting better at not always wanting all the attention when he is indoors. He has actually been wonderful today, spending mst of the time sleeping in his crate. Fairly new, to see him just walk in there and see him lay down for a nap. I just hope that he's ok, I will see what he's like tomorrow. Maybe he couldn't sleep well last night, and after the long hard weekend of playing constantly, he might just be over exhausted.

Your son's dog is only a year, give him time, he is still faily young. If he does start to bark, say no or hush. Then when he calms down, and is quiet for a few minutes, pet him and give him a bone. Giving him attention when he barks, makes him think that barking is a good thing, and it will just get worse. We don't pet our puppy, until he sits down, and stops running around the house, and he has gotten a bit better in the past few weeks. He knows that he will only get attention if he is being good, otherwise we ignore him until he does.