Thread: The TJTwitter
View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2011, 06:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

A male blue-winged warbler. They tend to be a bit shy--I usually get butt-end shots of them, like this one!

Name:  Blue-winged warbler 5-20-11 A.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  74.3 KB

A new one for me--a Brewster's male. Brewster's warblers are blue-winged warbler / golden-winged warbler crosses, so hybrids. I've never seen one here before, even though we have both blue-winged and golden-winged warblers nesting within earshot of the house. This one was singing almost pure blue-winged warbler song.

Name:  Brewster's warbler 5-28-11 A1.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  85.2 KB

And a mystery warbler. This one hit the side of the house in early May and after I made sure it was okay, I took some pics. I think it's a Nashville fem, but the white throat is confusing (Nashville's have yellow throats). It might be a first spring fem mourning warbler, but we see so few mourning warblers in this neck of the woods, so I'm thinking Nashville. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it Unless, of course, someone has a better suggestion? I'd love to get a positive ID on this one!)

Name:  Nashville warbler maybe 5-10-11.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  61.9 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."