View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm going to institute a punch card system--he has to punch in with me before he mows anywhere near the gardens or I'm gonna punch him out Thank dawg he only managed one swath and was using the push mower, not the tractor!

2 inches, eh? Hmmm...the biggest stem I could find was down to about an inch. Oooops.

The vervain is a prairie plant, and so should be fairly resistant to hervivores grazing it down, don't you think? The milkweed was just a wee little thing last year, so I'm not sure if it's gonna make it.

SIA, I'm hoping the bee balm's roots were pretty strong--this was it's 4th year--but the other two were just planted last year as second year plants. Not sure if their roots had a chance to get very strong. The plants were both a bit stunted from transplant shock but I had high hopes for them this summer

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."