View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM

Thanks for the wonderful advice, my fellow cat lovers! I think we have success! It was probably only a matter of time, but after almost 2 weeks of coaxing, playing, and being oh so gentle with her, Leia has come around! She still seems to be a bit on the defensive at times, but I attribute that to mostly being young and not knowing. She follows me around the house and WANTS my hands now. She's on me all the time if I'm sitting down or stretched out, and even if at times I still have to slowly introduce my hand into the equation, she comes around now and wants some lovin'! I'm so happy, and moreso happy that I know she's happy. Of course now, Naya, my 6 year old male, is probably exhausted from her always following him around to play....it's too cute. But I am a bit worried he may feel neglected, and will want to stay outside even moreso than before. He was always a "me me me me" guy even when Chewie was around, so I'm sure it's in his nature. I'm paying more attention to him now than before, so I hope he knows we still love him, even more now, if that's possible. But at least now Leia is comfortable with us so I can divert her attention away from Him with some play time.

Sorry I don't have pics with me right now, but will post some later when I get the chance. Thanks again everyone for your wonderful advice and support. It's been a very trying time since Chewie passed, so it's nice to know that there are other caring cat lovers in this world. People with no pets just don't understand.

Love Todd, Albert, Naya and Princess Leia.