View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Senior Contributor

This won't be popular, but I have a confession--I was threatening to get rid of my wife's cat because it wouldn't stop peeing in my stuff. Mind you, this was after 3 years of working at it, and talking with vets. Also, I don't really care for the cat. She was taking it to the vet one more time when I called her and left her a message telling her we weren't getting rid of her cat, she loved it too much and I couldn't do that. Little did I know she was in tears at the vets, telling the vet they had to figure out what was wrong, or we would have to get rid of her.

I'll be honest. I'm torn on this. Can I understand someone wanting to "get rid of" a pet that constantly urinates on things? Yes. However, I would expect that as a last resort. Also, I thinking of my own views on my wife's cat which I have had "issues" with (she has two cats, and the other one I quite like, would even say I'm slightly fond of). However, that being said, I'm not sure I could come to the same conclusion if it were my beloved Daisy. But, short of putting a diaper on her, what else could you do? That being said, I would bust my butt to find her the best home I could. Again, though, I don't know if I could find her a good enough home. I think I would change my plans for my bike themed rec-room and make it a doggy heaven.