View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:49 PM

Thumbs up Returning after a year

Hello again!

I found your site a little over a year ago, when my beloved Puss was having health issues (fungus infection in her spine). It was tremendously helpful to come here and "talk" to other fur-folks.

We went through a lot, she and our family with her ... In the end, we lost her, but she, and we, had a whole "extra" good year together. We had to put her down July 4th'08. Her illness had deteriorated 6 inches of her back, from her neck to mid-back, and her discs were all fused in the area. Puss was 10 years old.

So, we now have brought a new kitten into our family. Not to replace Puss, cause no one could, but to share the "kitty-love" we all have in our house!

My boys (10&12) have named her "cookie" ... and they're having a great time bonding with her. This is their first kitten - Puss was already 1 when we got her.

I haven't lived more than 3 weeks in my entire life without a cat (42.75yrs!), however, it's been at least fifteen years since I had a "baby" to train!

I hope y'all will help with some of the exciting and frustrating kitten hurdles to come! Once I re-educate myself on "how to", I'll send along Cookie's pic.