View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2012, 06:07 AM

My dogs nose bleed

Hello.. this is my first post so here goes ...

A few week ago my cocker spaniel dog Charlie who is 2 yrs old chased a ball we threw into the shrubbery in our garden, He came out violently sneezing and a bit of blood was coming from his left nostril, we took him to the vets and he was given a week course of antibiotics and anti inflamitary's one was called metecam and a large pink tablet once a day we halved.
He seemed to calm the first week but as soon as the course stopped it started again.. we went back and the vet put him on a longer course.. it hasn't cured it but he did have a couple of days where he didn't bleed during the sneezing.. the sneezing only happens if he gets really excited and only about once a day.. we have booked him in again for further inspection. if he has done damage up his nose.. is it repairable ? do you have any thoughts on this for us please? he is still REALLY OK in himself eating OK running OK and everything with no signs of illness or distress at all, no pawing at his nose or anything. I have total trust in our vet but i just wondered if any of you have heard of this. OOh i have to add....the blood is very slight maybe 3 drops or less
Thank you for any replies.
Pat

Last edited by Charlies mam; September 12th, 2012 at 06:21 AM.