View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Senior Contributor

WOW,those were 2 long posts,one very difficult to read without any paragraphs
I don't judge,I have not been there,I am just sorry for Sassy and the life she's probably had:sad:
My son took in a 11yr old Sheltie after her owner had passed away,she was passed from home to home until my son decided to keep her.
Trixie was skittish,frightened,peed nervously,would not leave the frontdoor, waiting for her owner to come and get her for a very long time,it was very sad to see.
She was not aggressive towards my sons JRT,she was totally submissive,but with time,a lot of time,she is now a content,happy little dog and she will live out her life with my son.
Sassy might have much deeper problems,Trixie had been loved and well taken care of all her life,the circumstances are very different.
I would think all rescue animals come with baggage,a history and memories often too severe to overcome:sad:
However I believe,with the right person and home,most abused dogs will eventually realize love and care is a good thing and will live happily ever after.
Now,I have absolutely NO experience with rescue dogs,so I am just speaking from my heart,not hands on experience.
I wish poor,frightened,beautiful Sassy the best of luck in finding peace and love with the right person