View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I'm a softy

Advice desperately needed! OMG!

Ok, so a lady i know, an aquaintance id say. I know her because her kids go to my kids school, she has 4, they are 9,7, 4 and 2, we also go to moms group together, we have coffee, and talk sometimes. . .

Anyway, last summer she got a dog, and adult golden, an intact male. He was great, trained, calm ect, the had him for just a few weeks. She started asking for help as the dog was a problem, they left him penned in the kitchen all day. I went as far as offering to go every day and walk it, she is a poor me life is hard excuse person. They live in a 3 bedroom mobile with a very small yard. . She didnt want to get him fixed, he would make nice puppies. She gave the dog to a farm, and the kids hearts were broken. Fine. .

In august she shows up to drop her kids at bible camp, and in the bike trailer was the kids new kitten. Great i thought, kids happy, she cant have a dog. The cat got fixed and shots. Great. . .

Fast forward to a couple days ago, another friend came down the hall ranting this woman got a puppy. Let me add, for the past 2 months she has been very sick, she had emergency surgery, then lots of complications. The day before i heard she got the pup, her exact words were, i spend more time at the hospital then at home. . She starts a new job that will be 12 hour shifts next week. I am now rite pissed. Its a byb pup, if she could care for a perfect older trained dog then, now that her life is upside down how will she raise a pup? I am now just irked.

THEN, i get an email, saying do i want her cat?! She knows i like pets, just tell her a price i think is good! WTF?!? They want to sell it cuz it doesnt get along with the pup. I nicely tell her that is a bad idea, and offer advice, i guaruntee her they can and will get along. She answers they have decided the cat has to go. I am now in tears and heartbroken she treats the poor baby that way.

THEN i get another email, will i take the cat until she finds a home because the new babysitter is allergic!!! That and her life is chaos, she only wants to hear from me if i can help.

I am so upset! This is a private christian school, so judging her and flat out telling her my mind cant happen. I have tried to educate her, offer help, everything i can nicely. . PLEASE HELP! Please?! What should i do? The kitty didnt do anything wrong, it was there first, and i am sure the pup will be gone at some point. I told her i cant take it as i am busy taking cats and trying to find homes for the ones that truly dont have homes.

New babysitter allergic just may go to the top of my list of dumb a$$ reasons. I really need some advice i am so upset over this. .
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter