View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2005, 11:34 PM

Since Heartbroken says it was dark but was able to see movement, I tend to think they were going pretty slowly and could have pulled over.

That aside, it's the driver who hits and injures an animal who should step up and try to rescue it. Heartbroken says it wasn't a hit & run, so the most he/she could have done is stop and make sure the cat would get some medical attention. Hindsight is 20/20 vision and if I were driving alone, I may very well have been afraid to stop at nighttime - especially if I were alone in my car. It's a tough call in these circumstances. I hope this post wasn't a hoax and Heartbroken will drop a line as to whether the answers helped.

CactusFlower's story reminded me of the blackbird I 'saved' from our dog Napoleon and rushed to the vet in a box. I would have been the laughing-stock of the waiting room if I hadn't been so clearly upset. Dr. Hamilton was a champ - he had a faint grin. Of course, the bird couldn't have survived but we all gave it our best shot! Nappy died years ago but he was a great dog.