View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2004, 12:25 AM

I had a 6 foot leather lead. We did the training technique during the two weeks we had training sessions with a professional trainer. After the two weeks Oskar knew the drill, but still had some work to do. I would say that he mastered it after 3 to 4 weeks (slow learner that dog ). After he did this well, when I walked him if he started going in front of me I would stop and look elsewhere. He then stopped too.

I realise that 60-70 pound dogs can be powerful and hard to control, but Oskar was 155 pounds of pure force. He was a strong bugger! After the experience I had with him, I think I can handle everything. I just find it so sad when I see someone being pulled around by their dog, boy that must be awful - I would feel silly and that would make me not want to walk the dog anymore. So whatever works can be used, just because someone says it doesn't, you're the one who knows your dog best. You would have a problem if you knew they were taking G.L. off the market, but they're not, so there's no rush!