View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:47 AM

My baby boy

Hi,
I have a dog and his name is Dopey. Im not too sure how old is he as it was given to me by my mother's friend, since then i've had him for 9 years going to be 10 years in January. 2years ago my dogs started breathing heavily and wheezing. I took him to the vet and he said he had chronic asthma, my dog also had his teeth cleaned and 2 teeth pulled out. Since then he was on medication which the vet prescribed (some streroid medicine's name starts with a P). His appetite improved so much he is actually over weight now.
About 6 months ago he was limping, i took him to the vet and he told me that he has dislocated his foot and advised me to get him calcium tablets.
I only started feeding it to him recently about 3 weeks ago as i was trying to find the right one.
2 days ago, when he sneezed i noticed some bllod on the floor. not too much about the size of a small grape.
Could the calcium supplement have caused this? could the heat have caused this? for the past two days he has been himself and no bleeding form his nose.i consulted a new vet and told me that he might have heartworm.
If a blood test is done, will i know if he has nasal cancer?or will my dog still have to go thru a biopsy.Please advice.I'm scared.