Thread: German Food
View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2005, 10:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry, but my German friends have always been a bit vocal about German food they encounter outside of Germany. It won't ever measure up, even if you're an accomplished cook - don't even try. I'm sure she will want to taste Canadian food, not be served something she can get at home. I'm 1/4 German, married to a 1/2 German. They won't acknowledge their way is not the only way. Cook your specialty and give her a new experience. When I travel, the different cuisine is one of the best memories of the whole trip. I brought home a menu from an Italian restaurant in Germany. Also, I have a menu from a Chinese restaurant. It's so funny to read the description of the food written in German. Maybe I'm easily amused. I had a ball watching "Crocodile Dundee" in the German language, speaking with an Australian accent, when I flew on Lufthanza. When they dub in the voice, they choose a voice that fits the appearance of the character. Watching German TV, Tom Selleck had a really deep, masculine voice in German.