View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
As long as healthy pets are being PTS on a regular basis, I don't consider any breeding responsible!
I agree with Happycats on this one. We even have many breed specific rescues for those who are interested in a special breed.

I'm afraid threads like that would only bring the kind of breeders that we DON'T want, the kinds that post now and make us freak out and pound our keyboards!! Even if we could educate ONE person as a result of a "flame" it would be worth it, but most often the OP is long gone and we are all still fuming.

I would, on the other hand, like to see a new forum that would involve giving more help to rescues. What about kind of a "bulletin board" of miscellaneous. I know the adoptions themselves have their own forum as does transport, but those of you in rescue KNOW you do a lot more, right? This idea came to me from LilRicky's mom when she posted for someone to go do a home visit for her--a lot of us honestly don't have the time to dedicate as you rescue angels do, but could climb on board as a "Temp" so to speak.

What say you??