View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:51 PM

Unhappy restless, stubborn and howling!

I've recently just moved into a house with a girl who owns a husky (Maina) who is around 14 months old. She is crated during the day (unless 1/3 people who live here are home) and is then is taken to the dog park for about 2 hours in the evening. Sometimes she will even get a bonus hour walk in addition to the dog park.

Maina has been poorly trained to this point, but is responding fairly well to the new training. But ,being a husky, she is very stubborn and only complies to commands when she feels like it. She also howls ALOT when she is being ignored or wants something. She will get right in your face until you do something about it. She begs to no end when we're eating, even though she is never fed table scraps and isn't allowed in the kitchen when we are cooking.

This isn't my dog but I want to work towards furthering her training with the owner... so I guess my question is, what are techniques to make her stop howling, and what are activites/ toys that she can do by herself in the evening so we can sit and rest/ chill out without her being extremely annoying?