Thread: Collars on Cats
View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Agility Addict

My siamese cat wear her harness and only goes outside for walks or when I can sit outisde with her. She has always worn her harness and she took to it without a problem because she thinks she's a dog. However, when I put a collar on her for fun she freaked out because the bell was different then the jingle her harness made (and because it was right by her ear instead of dangling around her chest).
It's best if you can start putting collars and harnesses and using a leash or tie out while they are young so it seems as natural for them as possible. I think with time, any cat (except very nervous one's) can get used to wearing a collar/harness.
With regards to tightness...cats can be masters of escape. If my kitty gets tangled and I don't untangle her fast enough she will roll over and pull until she slips the harness OR until she is wearing the harness upside down!! Cats will be Cats!!!
Here's a shot of Minnow with her harness upside down!
Attached Images