View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2011, 11:10 PM

he is eating well both hard(stuff we bought at the vet) and soft food(Friskies) also drinking water and cat milk.

When the vet checked him he was at the point where he was the best since the first sickness, but not completely over what he may have had/have but atleast active.

I am not sure if there are any holistic vets, i googled it and there was no results. SO i am assuming there isnt.

What are the basic blood tests that would show a result from the symptoms he is experiencing. I dont exactly have much money and its so close to christmas, i already have alot of debt on the credit cards from my other cat( who is 1yr old now) we picked him up at a ladies house who had like 500 cats so we felt obligated to help at least one of them. He ended up having many problems(bacterial) but is completely heathy now. Which is the reason why this time we decided to go to a pet store.

My husband is getting very upset with me because i am worried about my furbaby, (had a huge fight tonight) he doesnt want to take him to the vet, he expects the next bill to be 1500$ as the first vet(Emergency pet hospital) quoted for these test. The new vet didnt recommend any further test yet but i was not there but my husband was.. he may have lied. but at the last appt he seems thorough with the check before giving the shot i was there for that appt. He seemed like he knew alot but greed can talk its self through anything.

I plan on taking him on Monday without my husband knowledge. and am trying to spend as little as i can but enough to narrow down why hanky is like this. But i am willing to take on a second job if i have to.

I was researching about anemia and he shows some signs but he also shows some signs of having HIP and diabetes.

I switched his litter early to non-clumping but he is still trying to eat it, what is worse for him to try and eat clumping or non-clumping? And when i caught him i squirted him with water and he stopped, should i be doing that? or could it cause another illness?

I just dont want the guilt of waking up in the morning and see him struggling in pain or worse dead. I love cats and would do anything for them and usually my hubby would too.

**AND he was on clindamycin drops each time he was sick the first time was 8 days and the last time (1 month ago) he was on it for 14 days.
And each time he goes to the bathroom there is a very little amount. like the size of a quarter. NOt sure if this is relevant.

And another strange thing is when we brought him home he had a very little meow and now i havent heard him meow since(like 3 months) i read about laryngitis would that cause any of the symptoms he is experiencing?

Last edited by sick hank; December 3rd, 2011 at 11:50 PM.