View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2005, 12:57 PM

It's sad that you say there were so many people braking and swerving, but not one stopped to get out and take the cat off the road. Don't beat yourself up..I can tell you feel bad and regret not doing something. We learn from our mistakes, right? In high school I came across this pigeon that was sitting outside, and I was walking up to it and it wasn't walking away so I thought maybe something was wrong. Not wanting to be "uncool" in front of my peers, I thought of picking it up and calling my mom to get it but I just left it where it was. After school I asked her to drive over and look for the bird, which we did, and it was dead in the parking lot..had been hit by a car. I was so angry at myself, felt sick to my stomach and started balling my eyes out. Since then, I have been in several similar situations, but now I always do what I know is right..I help the animal in need, no matter what the situation. A few years ago I witnessed a cat get hit on a 5-lane busy road and I got off the bus right away and ran out to pick up the cat. Even though the cat didn't make it, I was proud to have done what I could for it. Just don't be too hard on yourself..there's nothing you can do about it now, so just learn from it! That's what life's all about.