View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2004, 02:28 PM

Wink Unfortunately Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamar
Hi there,

I hope everything works out with your surgery!
This may be a really really long shot, but the photo of the dog rang a bell. Is her ear always up like that? In the winter, there were postings for a lab/shepherd cross with an ear like that. She was lost around Bathurst + Steeles. I did a little research and found a posting on the canadastrays.com website. This is the link:

http://www.canadastrays.com/search/d...ov=ON&type=dog
If the link doesn't work, I'll email it to you.
Like I said, it's a long shot, but you might want to check it out.
Good luck - she seems really sweet!

I have posted on three other websites that I found addresses on here and have received many emails on this lovable girl. I am quite excited. I thought it would be a long and agonizing process but it is amazing how many people out their have open hearts. Unfortunately Sami is not Ziggy - they emailed me and I checked. They lost their dog last December and Sami was found - definitely abandoned - last summer. By the way - Sami is spayed and UTD on shots.

Funny story to tell here - I went out with the children and when I came home both dogs were in the house. My neighbour across the street came to call and told me this story. The road directly across from us has a couple of houses with children the same age as our children and come to play. It seems that I forgot to close the mudroom door when I went out and Sami left, went down the road and sat down with the children to watch them play. After a while our GSD went out. He is trained not to cross the road so that he stood at the curb and barked to Sami and she came trotting home. Our GSD then took her back into the house and that is where I found them both when I got home. What a babysitter! What a wonderful foster girl!

Sami is going to make amazing company for some lucky person(s).

Thanks for your support all - I will be sure to keep you posted as it looks like she will find a home very soon.