Thread: Bored of food?
View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2005, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
My old dog was the same (shephard/husky X). She got bored with her food whether it was wet or dry. She liked it when we would mix in the cheaper dog foods but she still turned her nose up most of the time. She was only fed once a day. She improved a bit when we started feeding her twice a day but remained "finicky" - often refusing to eat the last 1/2 of her dinner. Anyway, when she got sick we started her on the raw food diet and she never turned her nose up to food again.

I like what d_stanley suggested about grinding up the chicken but I think that's why my dog was so picky because she knew that there was something better out there (ie: human food)! But if it keeps your Belle eating her food then it might be worth it!?

Melissa
They are both fed 3 times a day (Medical reasons for Shadow) and Belle will usually eat every second morning less then half of the daily recommended for her size. Sometimes Belle will only touch her food every third day. I dont think thats very healthy. Maybe she is looking for something better, she sniffs it then gives me a dirty look and leaves. Im thinking I should stop being stubborn and just add healthy human stuff so she doesn't get sick. (She is really skinny as is and cant afford to loose an ounce)

After her spay she didn't eat for a week and the vet said to get her puppy food, maybe she is holding out for either puppy food or human food because it worked last time!

I would love to beable to feed her a raw diet and Im sure she would love it aswell, but I will be going back to school in the fall so I worry that I wont beable to afford to keep her on it.

Thanks, It never occured to me that she may be holding out for something better!