View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:22 PM
~Cat Servent~

I'll second that second opinion...especially if you don't feel comfortable with her. I lucked out with my vet it was a friend's uncle's practice and my vet (the female partner) seems as much a cat person as I am. Wait for the bloodwork, see what the results are... then if you are not comfortable letting that be the final word, get another opinion. I know here there is a vet's place in St. Kitts that is only for cats.... there may be a place like that there too. This way you know that they specialize in cats and may be more confident in their findings, and who knows maybe they have other alternatives. (I have no idea what they'd be, but maybe.)

And just a question to anyone really and you could ask your vet....if you were there with Stardust, and she was somehow restrained, could they not pull the tooth without the anesthetic? It would be painful yes, but after, she would be relieved of the constant pain. They should have one of those things to hold their mouth open like at our dentists I would think so that she couldn't bite them while they are working. I'm also just rambling... I know how frustrating it can be when your cat is suffering and you are unsure of what to do. Hang in there, and keep us posted! :love:

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M