Thread: Lantana
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:22 AM
-

Thanks for all the info on the Lantana. Right now I have them in the basement where it is cooler and I did cut them back when I bought them inside, they are sprouting new green leaves and look healthy, I water them about once a week. When I first bought them I didn't have any intention of overwintering them, therefore I planted them all in the same pot, then I found out that they were a shrub, also I saw them in tubs in Newmarket, where they were about 5 feet high and pruned to shape, they looked gorgeous. gotta have me some of those beauties.
I didn't know they were toxic though, only one of the cats comes out front where I have my pots and he's not a plant nibbler. The berries turn from green to black and look neat.
LP, I can't wait to get my fingers grubby. Will be going to the Toronto Botanical Gardens soon. Once New Year's is over, I convince myself we are on the home stretch.
14+kitties, thanks for the sites. I so envy you with a greenhouse. Winston, Hostas go like hot cakes around here, would have thought in Hamillton too.