View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymomma View Post
Say you had a very good breeder, That bought ckc registered dogs, very good health records, vet checked for hips, elbows, temperment etc. And they bred them for people that didnt want them for showing , and wanted them simply for pet purposes..when the dogs had puppies he or she had them vet checked, dewormed and had there first set of needles and sold them simply as pets without being CKC or AKC registered
Ethical breeders have a contract.This means either a s/n or a non-breeding one.The non breeding one will only be taken off from the breeder ONLY when the dog has been shown and titled.So I can't really say that this person did purchase these dogs from one.Contracts are very important.I was on a neuter contract.I HAD to get my guys done.If not,I could have been sued.Some breeders do this.And they can.

Also babymomma,under the CKC pedigree act,it is ILLEGAL to sell unregistered pups if the parents ARE registered.This breeder shouldn't be doing this.And if someone by chance wants the papers and he doesn't provide them,they can get in contact with the CKC.

And once again,I agree with Sandi.