View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:58 PM

WANTED: Adult/Senior Bulldog

Hello, I'm not sure if you can help me, my husband and I are looking to find an addition to our family, a family friend.

We have done a lot of research on the breed and age of the dog we desire. We have determined our lifestyle would suit a dog of the breed Bulldog. What a beautiful breed of dog!

After contacting all the shelters in Ontario, 3 rescues, at least 40 breeders, SPCA, some veterinarians, we have found nothing! If anyone hears of anyone needing to find a home for their beloved dog, please contact us.

We have a 3-year-old child, and that has played a major part in our decision making of the breed, temperament, and lifestyle of the dog. We are looking for a new family member that would be: good with children; an adult/senior dog; house trained; with no known special needs (i.e. meds); medium-large in size; low-moderate activity level; can handle car rides (as they too would travel when we travel).

We're not desperate for a dog today, hence why we're emailing; we want the dog that is just right for us too.
As for background on us, we're married been together for 5 years, we're both 29, we live in a semi-detached home Mississauga with my daughter, we both work full time jobs, (however our schedules cross for only 6 hours of the day) so that would be the longest our dog would be alone. We're not a busy family, we're generally home straight after work until bed time (call us boring ) On the occasional weekend, we like to go up north to Huntsville to see family, which we will do with dog in tow (no other pets there, and pets welcome). Due to the fact that we have a small child, a dog that requires obedience classes would not be ideal. We have a abnormally large backyard for the city of Mississauga, completely fenced in with mature trees through out (a lot of our grass will not grow due to the lack of sunlight/shaded areas to our dismay (we've tried every type of sod & seed) which would be ideal in summertime with concerns of overheating.

If you can suggest anything that would be great, please keep our email handy if anything were to come up in the future as well. Thank you for your time!

Chris