View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Robyn, I'm so glad you came on here, I was going to PM you if you hadn't shown up sometime today! Budgrrl, Robyn is a wealth of information and is super helpful to those in similar circumstances. You can trust her advice 100%. Trust your gut, trust your vet, and trust Robyn
DD, you are too kind
I just know that going through these things alone would be just awful... and everyone here, including yourself, gave me strength and wonderful advice. And speaking of advice, I think you gave the best... just love her and keep her comfortable!

Budgrrl... I'm so sorry to read this, and I'll say a special prayer for you both, in hopes that your vet was incorrect.

One thing you can do to help, if it isn't at the end, is see a holistic vet. They are amazing when it comes to immune support and slowing the growth of the tumors. Also, if she does get her appetite back, avoid kibble and any foods that have a high carb/sugar content, as that will feed the tumor and make it grow faster. Use filtered water as well, if you can. Tap water is very bad for dogs with cancer due to all the chemicals/impurities/parasites. Their immune system is already compromised, so you don't want to add to the mix. I just posted this link to someone else here who has a furbaby with cancer:

www.dogcancercare.com/

This forum is wonderful. The people here have many good tips and there are threads regarding special diets, supplements etc. If you don't have a holistic vet, you can try k9 Immunity. Many people swear by it.

Did they do a fine needle aspiration? Please keep us updated.

*hugs* to you and your girl

Robyn

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012