Thread: Peta
View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymac View Post
Ugh Peta, who thinks animals such as cats and dogs are better off dead than being enslaved as our pets. They kill more than they save!! You're better off sending money to a local rescue!!
Yikes! I just read their euthanasia ratio on the link Marko posted, I had no idea! - I have never supported them, and after reading this, I definitely never will!

PETA's operation of animal shelters has drawn criticism. In 2008, the Center for Consumer Freedom formally petitioned Virginia's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, requesting official reclassification of PETA as a slaughterhouse. The CCF claimed in a press release that "(a)n official report filed by PETA itself shows that the animal rights group put to death nearly every dog, cat, and other pet it took in for adoption in 2006."[66] A spokesperson for the Virginia Department of Agriculture responded that "PETA will basically take anything that comes through the door, and other shelters won't do that," and that it had considered changing PETA's status from "shelter" to "euthanasia clinic."[67]

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi