View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks for your thoughts everyone! I assessed the dog yesterday and was *quite* surprised by how aggressive he was towards the tests and myself.

I made it quite clear that euthinization was up to them, however in my personal opinion I would never EVER let their animal be around my family *or* my dogs, and that took them both aback.

They admitted to really playing down his aggression in the house and out, the husband even saying: "We want him to be like this for protection."

I assured him that just having a dog would be protection enough.

They also have bred him to their female, who is expecting her first litter in September. After our discussion they agreed to have their male spayed which was one good thing out of the assessment. I will also be assessing the puppies for them, and have advised that ALL pups be adopted out on neuter/spay contracts and go to families with experience in large breed dogs.

(The family of the little boy that was bitten was ironically there to see the dogs and put a deposit down for a puppy. They are now getting a cat.)

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)