Thread: My Pug
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
I dunno LB, not sure about this one. I'm assuming we are talking about an offleash park but I could be wrong.

OP didn't specify exactly what happened. But you can see how when the average person's smaller dog gets pinned down by a larger one they are understandably upset. I hate to say it....sigh. But it often depends on the dog park. Yes it's possible that a pup can inadvertently elicit/invite a bite. But we've also seen baaaaaad/negligent dog owners that let their poorly trained/untrained dogs run amok. If these types of people are at the dog park in question....best to change dog parks imo.
http://rufflyspeaking.wordpress.com/...parating-play/

It's quite natural for an adult dog to set limits for puppy and act on them if need be. The link I provided corroborates and many more in a similar vein can be found. But you are right, we don't know the full story. That's why I asked so many questions. Some dog owners are not versed in dog body language. Maybe the bigger dog was a bully and maybe Muffy being knocked down was inappropriate. But maybe not and if not both owners prevented Muffy from learning a lesson she needs to learn. Whenever someone says their dog was "attacked" but then there are no injuries reported I have to wonder how much it was an attack and how much it was normal dog interaction misundertstood by the human component.