View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Rosco, Raw Fed & LOVES IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBirdIsEvil View Post
Plus I know deer every single day isn't really a complete diet.
Thats the thing, it doesnt have to be a complete diet each meal. Alot of people if they get a big load of say deer or pheasent or whatever will feed that and that alone for a few weeks. If you have to go a week just feeding deer, it wont hurt your pup. The idea is balance over time. Say a two or three week period. Try and fit what you believe they need into that period, but if you cant, dont worry too much about it. Just remember, each meal doesnt have to be balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBirdIsEvil View Post
I do have another question though. Is it ok to buy liver, gizzards, hearts and those type of organ meats at the store for him to eat? I know storebought tripe is too overprocessed and doesn't really benefit them like the unprocessed tripe I've been reading about, but what about other storebought organ meats?
They should be fine

Their impression of power is remarkable. They give one the feeling of immense reserves of energy, of great reservoirs of knowledge, of tolerance of disposition, obstinacy of purpose, and tenacity of principle. They are responsive, and they have a lot of quiet, good sense.

-J. Wentworth Day, from The Dog in Sport, 1938