Thread: new puppy
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:46 PM

I once had to re-home a cat. I had met and fell in love with a man that was allergic and we purchased a house together. Poor little Princes was a very good and loving cat and I hated that I had give her up (in hindsight I should have given up the boy, but I digress).

I contacted the Oakville H/S and a rescue group stating that I was not looking to surrender Princes to them but I wanted their help to find her a good and loving home. And I needed to meet and interview the potential new parents myself. My mother and then boyfriend thought that I was crazy. They said that neither the H/S nor the cat rescue would go for it. They were right about the H/S but the cat rescue was more then happy to help.

I met two couples and even saw one couples house. I made my decision and two days later delivered Princes to her new home. I was crying so much on the way home that my now ex had to pull the car over.

Anyways – my point is that Kijiji is not a great tool for re-homing animals. I think you would be better off following the above suggestions and contacting some originations in your area to help you with the process. It may even speed things up for you, and there is a better chance your little one will find a very good and loving home.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912