View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Most gouramis get quite big - too big for your tank. There is a beautiful dwarf gourami. They are peaceful but can be very territorial during breeding season. The other small varieties are quite rare and /or very fragile and not for first time aquarists. Pearl gouramis are gorgeous and one of the more peaceful of the species. The males are not as violent with the females as most of the others. They may live with angels - I've never kept the two together so am not sure. But 2 angels (who can get to be 6 or 7 inches high) and 2 gouramis is a lot of fish for a 35 gal tank - too many. Plus pearl gouramis may be bullied by the angels during the angels spawning time and vice versa. I would keep either gouramis, or angels but not both in that size tank.

Angelfish are all the same and colour is the only difference. Some, like the marbled, black and regular silver striped are the easiest to find around here. You may get a better variety but all are graceful and elegant.

My angels - the female is the wild type silver and black,and the male was the black lace variety.