Thread: Toyger?
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:08 AM
banned user

Happycats - I believe your answer is in one of the posts already
Quote:
the litters born may not produce a single Toyger that maintains or advances the breed. Any that fall short are altered, and either kept or sold as pets only. Before anyone gets upset I used the term sold, we make no apologies that yes our Catteries are a business. If we see defects, such as tail faults, as the kitten ages, the kitten is altered. We are careful to have no animals that do not meet our standard reproducing, but understand that people still get a loving Toyger companion.
Mona - You'd probably be the best one to ask .... hasn't the breed standard for dogs changed since they have been registered? I found a requested change for Shiloh Sheperd last night, as well as another one for a different breed (ha, it was late, can't remember name).
I beleive that this "toyger" got listed as a breed when it hadn't met it's full ideal as of yet, therefore, the standard is still changing. I beleive the same happens with new breeds of dogs, I highly doubt that dog standards NEVER change.

I'm just asking that people look at this another way ... we all love out purebred dogs, but at some point, they were just someones idea to put together ... for whatever reasons.