Thread: deer cull
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
HappyCats - I get you 100%. I do. But I must put this into play:

Though I appreciate your logic around what is considered 'sport', I have to disagree as it is just not logical. Hunting to me is a sport. It's about precision. It is a very tactful, calculating and deals with a tremendous amount of patience. I am not talking about some kid going hunting with daddy and pointing a rifle at any animal in sight. There is much more to hunting than that.

Good hunters (and there are some) are very seasoned. It is not a game to them as it is their intent to ensure that the animal is killed with one clean shot. IF not, they are humiliated and they may not be included in further future excursions. For these hunters, this is taken with great care and there is no room for errors.

I am not justifying hunting, but I thought it important to let you know that I was actually there to witness and form my own opinion. I have a greater understanding and greater knowledge.
Thank you!
I dont expect everyone to accept hunting, but to understand it more. There is a skill to it and yes we do NOT like seeing things suffer or go to waste.
As for how many are seasoned, well that depends on years hunting. One way that hunters who care about the animal they are hunting hunt is by ensuring it is a swift painless death. Target practice can (and around here) does go on year round. Many many bullets and arrows get shot into various things such as bags on hay bails, boards on trees even cans set so far off that you need to use your scope and understand the gun you are shooting to ensure you will hit in the most precise area to cause no suffering. If you do not understand the weapon you are using or how it works you will cause needless suffering.