Thread: BYB opinions
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2005, 10:07 AM

Schwinn & Dougelover,

THANKS... I just thought it would be good to voice my opinion like everyone else does. Too often I see new members join and for some reason they don't last long. All I'm saying is there has to be a better way to adress some issues, and we all really need to understand that other people are not as knowledgeable as some on this board. People come looking for help, asking questions, and if its not something certian people approve of, the whole thread is simply negativity directed at whomever is asking the question. Because the first negative post starts and tons follow, and no one else wants to offer their advice or opinion to avoid getting in the middle.

Schwinn, I refer to myself as a BYB, because that is the reputation I've been given, from a few posts I write everyday. And from those few posts a few weeks ago, this rep. is still coming to bite me in the a**, on almost every post. I'm not ashamed of the fact that Whinnie herself came from some young punk who had no idea what he was doing. Or that My Boo came from Whinnie's litter. No one can change my opinion that they are the greatest dogs in the entire world, and I would not trade them for anything. Especially some "titled" dog that is used solely for reproducing. Because I allowed my Pit to have puppies, does not make me any less of a Mother to them both, or mean I don't love them too pieces. I would give anything for them both and they know that, just as I know they would for me. Anyone who knows me, or has met my girls knows what a wonderful Mom I am, and that I live for those 2 dogs and my 2 new cats. I'm not about to let the opinions of some, scare me away from what I love doing, helping animals. I thought that was what we were all her to do.

Dougelover, Special thanks to you for your comments, I have to get to SK, gonna look into it for summer Vacation. Its scary that somewhere in this world, there IS someone, just like me Then I'll finally get to meet MY precious This all started to really upset me when people started getting RUDE with you asking about ANGEL. Why they went off the way they did, I'll never know. What reason they have to believe that you are irresponsible, or you don't know what your doing, I have no idea. But they go off on how you should spay her, and no one will take pups and they'll end up in the pound....bla,bla,bla. When you clearly stated it was not your intention to breed her. I'll tell you something, I took 17 weeks to place Whinnies last pup, and we kept Boo in particular, because we thought she was a little slow, and we feared what would happen to her if we adopted her out. She's not a great learner. But, to this day I know where everyone of those pups is, and I see them as often as possible. I made people sign contracts stating they would not crop the tail or ears & have them medically tested before breeding. Also, if for some reason down the road they could not kep my Pup, they are to be returned to me, because God help the person who puts one of my kids in the pound. So, let people speculate as to what kind of owners we are, let them keep driving people away with negativity, and then sit and wonder where all the help is. Why people don't want to adopt from shelters or rescues, its damn near impossible, it seems easier to buy a home then rescue an animal. Most people turn to puppies, because the rescues go overboard with reasons you shouldn't have an animal, why you're not the ideal home... Who has the ideal home? There is just so much contradiction here, its unreal @ times. Needless to say, I still come because I have made some great friends here, Whin & Boo have found a ton of new Playmates, and I know what my intentions are, even if no one agree's with me. With the exception of 2 people on this board, no one personally knows me, its all just assumptions, based on a few lines we type everyday. Not to mention how often people rag on someone with out all the details, or the wrong details. Quick to judge, but not quick to ask more questions, and certainly not too quick to apologize when we're wrong.
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"