View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

I agree, there is NO one way. Just like with people, some people need a soft touch other's need a bit of push to get them motivated. Then there's others where you pretty much have to run them into a wall to get through to them! Not that I know anyone like that. Seen a few horses like that though!!

I think alot of this boils down to not wanting to take the time to do it right. So much of what we do and see today is instant gratification. Push a button and tadah!! What do you mean sit down and actually read a book, take notes. Commit to 6 or 8 weeks of classes and then actually do the training at home OMG!! Then take the training to the next level. Ok I want more than just a pet from my dog. I have cats, I don't expect them to do much but even they're well behaved and come when they're called.

Sometimes training is frustrating...oh boy!! I tend to go ok that's not working, gotta go find something that does work. Whether it's changing a treat, collar, my signals or just saying ok we'll do something you know well and give that one a rest for a week or two and then try again.