View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Don't take it personally EndOfFashion and don't give up. If I find something for you, would you come to Montreal? If you can make the trip, then I will let you know when we get a pug. You will however have to go through the screening process and pass 'my boss' but if you are really a good home, you will not be denied. BTW - we do NOT work on first come, first serve. We know what our dogs and cats need and we will find the right family so that everyone is happy.
BenMax, that's exactly what I mean. Any rescue that DOES work on a first come, first served basis would probably not approve us, because they are holding out for the perfect home. How can we compete with people who've owned dogs for 20 years, or who work as professional trainers or vets, or who own their own home with a huge fenced yard? I'm saying we would probably have a better chance of being approved by someone who DOES function on a first come, first served basis. You know what I mean?

I would come to Montreal if I could! It depends on the date, really. Unfortunately my days off are Sundays and Mondays, which doesn't always work for everyone. :sad: And of course, if my boyfriend has to be present (which I'm sure is the case with any reputable rescue!), that limits us to Sunday, because he works a regular Monday-Friday week. But you can definitely let me know if a Pug comes in and I can try to re-jig my schedule...

Last edited by EndOfFashion; May 29th, 2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: typo