View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:21 AM

My 17 year old CRF cat hasn't had any vaccines for 3 years, except a 3 year rabies she got 2 years ago, which she really shouldn't have had & left her quite lethargic for about a week. It is clearly stated by the vaccine companies to only vaccinate healthy animals. She won't get anymore, and I have found in my kidney failure research there is a possible link between the Feline herpesvirus1 (FHV-1), calicivirus, and panleukopenia vaccines and kidney failure: http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/insig...l2004/cats.htm

Have a read through here it's in pdf start on page 6 Are you over vaccinating your pets? part 1

Part two here also start on page 6 Are you over vaccinating your pets? part 2

A particularly interesting piece from part 1 of the above article:

Quote:
One of the leading independent researchers and proponents of vaccinating animals less often is Dr. Ronald D. Schultz, Veterinary immunologist and professor and chair of the Department of Pathobiological Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine. He is one of the most prominent Veterinary immunologist in Veterinary medicine. Shultz began researching vaccines more than 25 years ago, when he first wondered why humans were vaccinated as children and then not again, but animals were vaccinated annually. His research confirms that most animal vaccines, like human ones, create long-term immunity. Shultz stresses that while it's critical to stimulate initial immunity in animals while they are young, his work has revealed that many vaccines provide lifelong immunity, making repeated vaccinations after the first year of doubtful value. To compound the situation, he has found that indiscriminate vaccination of adult animals can trigger adverse reactions.
As suggested by Dr Dodd the New Vaccine Protocols

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food