Thread: I am here..
View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:09 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Please keep in mind people that Zombie is barely an adult and her parents started it all. Had THEY fixed their cats way back when like they should have, she probably wouldn't have so many. (Since they are at her parents house) She takes wonderful care of her cats and if she didn't, she wouldn't have paid to try and save Bob. She's been talking to me for a while about trying to get her babies all fixed but when you don't have $720 (What it would cost to fix them all) up front to do so, it's hard. It's not like her cats pop out 50 litters a year or are always pregnant.

Her family has been giving her crap about the fact she even tried to do the surgery, her grandma wont even speak to her because of the amount of money she spent on "just a cat". Lighten up a bit, you're not helping her feel any better about losing her cat.

JBKitty - I don't think any of us came down too hard on Zombie. We are a ver pro spay/neuter forum. As such when we read stories such as this it breaks our hearts.
I understand living with her parents and them being somewhat, well, greatly, responsible. I applaud her for trying to stop the problem now before it gets worse. But when you post something like Zombie did you have to expect some backlash.
Now, can we start over?
There are lots of options to fix this problem. Zombie does not need to come up with all of the money at one time. I am sure even doing one cat at a time as money becomes available is a better option than what is being done now. Also, there are vets that will take payments. You just have to look around. I think that should be doable. There is also credit cards. Not the best choice but then the money is up front and can be paid back monthly. Just keep the card for that purpose. Don't max it on other things. I understand there are clinics in some areas of US that will do cats on the weekend at greatly reduced rates. That is why I suggested in the earlier post in this thread to get in touch with kathryn or katherine93.
I am sure other members of this board can come up with more options.

My habit is letting one or two of mine have kittens but then I get attached to them and end up keeping all of them. I just couldn't see them go to people that I don't know or god forbid end up in a shelter somewhere

This is a quote from Zombie herself. It is in the other thread. It might be a good idea to let them go to people who have been screened very well and who will get their new pets fixed. Just don't give them away. Charge a small amount ($25) for a kitty. You can use the money to go toward getting others fixed. As for them going to a shelter - don't you guys have no kill shelters? That is a much better option than going through what is happening now.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; July 28th, 2008 at 05:16 PM.