View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Kitty Consort

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

I gather there's some controversy swirling around this new tv program. The casting of the "students" has come under fire..as well as concerns that they have been given some or all of the material to study ahead of airing. As the contestants can "copy" the answers of the kids on some questions.. the issue of 'rigged' arises.

But that aside.. I just wondered what you thought of the show..as entertainment?

The concept was good., but it badly misses the mark, imo. I was interested in this as a fun show.. but fun,it isnt. To me anyway.

The kids ( actors) are just a little too smug for me during the game play.. bordering on disrespectful. That annoys me.. a lot.

The conversational aspect doesnt flow naturally either, has a "rehearsed" feeling. (when asked what he would do with a large cash win, one kid said he'd give some to charity and then buy his mom a car. Nothing else.
Yep... top of every 10 year old's wish list.

It's apparently a smash hit for ratings so far, so clearly lots of people really like this program a lot.

Are you one of them?