Thread: Hello from SC
View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Actually, it is very unusual for a Dachshund not to be interested in food. Dachshunds are #1 on the food loving chain - hence the problem with keeping weight down and trying to control disc disease - I am sure you have seen the overweight dogs on the street. Re playing, my 2 brilliant Alphas "supervised" the playing of our other non-genius level Dachshunds - but would occasionally lower themselves to play ball with my husband, but more to humour him. The "in between" Dachshunds loved to play constantly. The Alphas were too busy protecting me, the house etc. - their main job. So it could be Luke falls more into this category. He may just be going through a phase, but if he continues to show little interest in treats it might be worthing mentioning when next speaking with your vet - should raise an eyebrow of interest. Or perhaps Luke wants you to up the anty - mine loved home-made Italian food. I expect much of the night whining will cease once he succeeds in making it to your bed at night. I hope all is well with him.