View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxaLisa View Post
I'm so sorry about the knees, that's really awful when they are in pain, and surgeries are so expensive

When my boy was having back problems (we thought it was a knee at first), I used a harness for the front end, like the comfort flex harness, or the webmaster, and being able to hold some of that pressure helped some. I made one of these by cutting a duffle bag, but I wasn't strong enough to use it (max was 80 lbs): http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=11896 I think they have some for the back end that go around the hind legs too, but I don't have the link handy.

I hope that the vet has good news about the price!
80 lbs. is heavy, Marty only weight 17 lbs. I use a cane and have Marty on a leash all time so I am trying figure away to have a harness long enough so I can lift it up a little to give Marty some support when trying to pee. I really
need one more arm , so I'll have one to hold my cane , one to hold the leash and an extra arm to hold up Marty rear end.
The office visit was $57 .60 for the , that is a lot better then $140 so I hoping the surgery will be less than $3,200 or $4,000. I would have to bring Marty for checked up and that will cost more $$$. Damn , I wish I could find that money tree my dad planted!