View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2009, 07:53 AM

- He wont walk on the leash. When I put the harness and leash on him he freezes up and tries to go back to the house. I have been trying to teach him to walk with a collar and then a leash, but it is hard. What I have been doing is I put a piece of meat on the ground(lunch meat) and then I call his name. When He gets to the treat I praise him. But it is not getting very far. :/ I just might be a little inpatient.
We all get a little impatient, just keep trying, look at videos on here or rent out video's, there's lots of different ways to train dogs. You just need to find his own style to be trained in if that makes any sense.

- He is beginning to hump his big, soft, squeaky bone. He is only 10 weeks old and I WILL be getting him nuteured. But is this normal at such a young age? I am truely confused. Also, what age is it safe to get him nuteured?
From what I know yes it is, getting him neutered is the best option if he keeps doing that, it actually makes them more obedient. The best age to get him neutered is right now I believe 10 months, don't go out and say I want him neutered make sure to ask a vet before going ahead with it.

- At some points he will growl at me and bark, as if his was more dominant. When he does this he licks his teeth like he is dominant. Is this dominant behavior? :P
I've never heard of a dog licking his teeth, but when they growl and bark yes that's definately domiant behaviour. If he starts licking you then yes that's dominant behaviour. I have the same issue with my pug/lab mix. Just keep working at it, it just seems he is stubborn like my pup.

Hopefully my info will work, I have trained dogs since I was a little girl myself. Those are the methods I have done with my dogs beforehand and it worked, so possibly it may work, possibly not, all you need is persistence.