View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Agility Addict

Do you know of anything that she did or liked from her previous home? Even just a sound or certain object that comforts her? Would she respond to a husky howling? Any favorite foods? Anything to go on will help. Even something that "turns her on" - like hunting? If I thought it would help I'd even bring Minnow out as bait! Poor Maddie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness
Nope. Nothing. Impossible to see her today because of the fog.
I was out there yesterday with Dodger (I had to tresspass on the tracks but nobody seemed to mind esoecially considering the weather!).... We didn't pick up any sign of her and we startled a bunny so I knew she was around if a prey animal was comfortable. The city was there cutting the grass in the park so I figured is she had been hiding in the "woods" she would be long gone with all that noise. I didn't see any tracks, tufts of fur (lots of barbed wire), or scats and she wasn't under any trees/blocks/trains where you'd think she'd go to get out of the rain.
I found it very noisy with all the traffic and was surprised that she would stay in that area - the "woods" are actually no wider than 20 meters before the train tracks so there's not much place for her to go.
Where she was last seen is right by an overpass, with a huge shopping plaza through the trees and a train yard with lots of trucking. The "woods" are quite sparse so I think her only option would be to head down the tracks - so I think that's the direction I will try today.
I did leave food so I will check to see if its gone - I left it in a muddy area so I should be able to see the prints of whatever animals (hopefully Maddie) took the food.