View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the input so far everyone.

I think she does have something wrong mentally. At times I don't think she is thinking clearly and I feel like she doesn't realize the dogs are even there. It makes me sad because I love my dog so much and she has so many and it's like they are just objects. The only time I hear here talk to them is when she is yelling at them to shut up. They get no encouragement and are so confused about how they should act, so they don't know any better. It's not the dog's fault they are misbehaved, it's her fault. She will blame it on everything else (even the food they eat) but not her.

I have contacted the humane society before and told them the situation. They had already been to the house a few times before and gave her warnings. The last time they were here they gave her the final warning and said the next time someone calls she will get fined. I'm surprised the neighbours have not called since a few of the dogs jump into the neighbour's yard (which is dangerous anyway).

There are no kids living in the house, there are 4 adults. It is a very disgusting place to live though and it's no wonder no one is ever invited over.

The sad thing is is that the humane society here said they won't take the dogs away from her, but expect her to put them elsewhere. She has a friend who has a real kennel in the country, but even that place isn't that clean (though since it is a real kennel and the dogs have yards to run in it's much cleaner than being stuck in a crate all day).

Would a shelter actually come in and take the dogs away? Or would she have a chance to keep them? Would they be able to come in and check the place without notice? The problem is that whenever someone knocks on the door she never answers, and if they leave a note (like the humane society will) she will clean up around here and get rid of a few dogs and make things look normal before calling them back to inspect. It's not fair.

Another thing is that I live in the same house with my own dog, but he lives with me in my room and I care for him very well and keep him out of the mess (I don't even like him laying on the kitchen floor most times because it's so dirty). I don't want my dog getting involved and being taken away from me, when I am a good owner and take care of my dog the proper way.