View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Hi Winston, I can't believe I missed this whole thread .

I am sure SCM and Growler will have some excellent adivce.

Here is what I have done for Jasper:

When I got him he was on crap kibble (PC Nutrition 1st, I know I was ignorant before Growler and SCM educated me). He had the worst poops, runny, stinky along with itchy eyes that he scratched until they bled. Got him off all grain food and onto Orijen. His poops did get better, no more scratching his eyes so he was definitely allergic to grains.
His poops were still very soft and stinky on orijen, so I changed him to Wellness canned, grain free and they got a lot better. He still had frequent "episodes" of very stinky poops and soft stools.

The best poops I can get out of him is Nature's Variety Instinct canned (no potatoes or carb fillers) along with home made raw. I find he still has the very occasional "episode", but I am able to clear him up very quickly by sprinkling some slippery elm bark over his food for a day. It works like a charm. I know some cats can't handle carbs very well and I think Jasper is one of them.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey