View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2005, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
I just searched and found a site with the sound on it, and it's definitely a mourning dove. Mine's a little "song-challenged" though.. The first bit he really screams... Not as eloquent as the one on the site.
You're hilarious, Prin. You and your song-challenged mourning doves. I was wondering -- I don't know much about Canadian birds and migrations but...

We have 4 pair of mourning doves who make nests on our porches every year - so I'm really familiar with these guys... But we also have a mockingbird pair that has claimed our yard... And the male mockingbird will sometimes sit in our backyard and 'mock' the mourning doves.. and it really does sound like a "song-challenged" mourning dove. LOL No really.. the first 'hooo' sounds like he had been smoking a cigar before he started and then somebody smacked him in the back mid-note.... he smooths out the rest of it though. I keep telling him he has more work to do.

If you have these guys up there -- it's a possibility if you're hearing and not seeing the dove.